Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Twilight (Books/Movies)

Twilight is a poorly written series of books which include abusive relationships with vampires, pedophile werewolves, and an undead, murderous fetus. They have been transformed into uncompromisingly abysmal movies aimed primarily at teenaged women. Somehow they have reached a fever pitch of popularity with minimal cultural backlash from the expected corners of society.

This cultural detritus has gone on to spawn sparkling dildos for necrophiliacs, nightmarish abusive boyfriend body pillows, ridiculous careers for completely untalented actors, and a small army of knock-off books even more horrible than the originals. As far as I am concerned, the Twilight series is a weapon of mass intellectual and cultural destruction. Stephenie Meyer should be charged as a war criminal.

Oh, and on top of all that, it makes vampires seem completely lame and whiny. Not only is this a shame, but the ramifications may be profound. No one wants to give the real vampires an excuse to hate us and disregard our pathetic mortal lives as worthless even more than they already do.

The only redeeming quality I can think of is that as a result of these books, some human beings are reading words with their eyes. I'm not even sure that's a good thing, however, considering the words they're reading.

Would you recommend it to a friend?

No.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, and the actual word twilight was pretty cool before this, too! The poor thing may never recover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you recommend it to an enemy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sort of depends on the enemy. If I believe they would take my recommendation, I would. The result would either be their becoming stupider by interacting with the series, or potentially being neutered entirely by their new found idiotic obsession.

    On the other hand, my enemies may not trust me; with that in mind, I would either employ reverse psychology and tell them they would not like the series or I would anonymously deposit a copy in their mailbox, like a poisoned gift.

    Then again, that would require my purchasing a copy of either the book or the movie, and I don't want to support intellectual and cultural terrorism.

    ReplyDelete