Friday, March 26, 2010

Dandy Blend


Yes, it is the official drink of Dandy Reviews Everything. Created by Dr. Gail, a botanist from Rutgers University, Dandy Blend is an instant herbal beverage made of water-soluble extracts of roasted roots of dandelion, chicory and beets, and the grains of barley and ryes. It was created as a substitute for coffee, the caffeine of which Dr. Gail claims causes "accelerated aging, weakening of the immune system, impaired digestion, and blood sugar fluctuations, which contribute to weight gain and mood disorders." Not only is Dandy Blend caffeine free, it provides a panoply of trace minerals that most people lack in their diet. Furthermore, if you suffer from stomach ulcers, or are otherwise peptically challenged, Dandy Blend won't upset you like coffee will.

If that's not enough to pique your interest, consider this: coffee is not grown in the US. It comes from far off lands, and the scruples of the coffee dealers are usually highly dubiousmost coffee farmers are not paid a fair price for their crop. Thankfully, you need not worry about the social ramifications of buying Dandy Blend. "Dandy Blend is the patriot's coffee. All the ingredients come from America's agricultural bounty," says Dandy drinker Sara Montrone, an expert in sustainable agriculture and fair trade, and a red-blooded American.

Dandy Blend is a safer, more nutritious, and more responsible alternative to coffee. That's why I'm happy to say my mug is half full.

2 comments:

  1. I've actually had this stuff, and I agree. It's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great!
    I just purchased a bag and am loving it!! Tastes like coffee to me!
    I'm attempting to eliminate coffee from my diet--hopefully with the help of dandy blend I can! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete