Monday, March 15, 2010

Being Angry

*A guest post by Sara Montrone (not pictured above)*

People say that being angry is a waste of energy. I say being angry is the necessary obverse of being satisfied. Anger, as joy and sorrow and made-up feelings like love, is what propels us. Take inventions. Necessity the mother of invention? Try anger.

“Golly, I sure do wish my shoelaces would stop coming untied.” Does that seem like the type of emotional reaction that is going to result in a solution? Hell no, try this: “For F*#$ sake! My GD shoelaces keep bloody falling apart!” And that my friends, is how Velcro was born.

So I encourage you all to embrace this gift that only we as humans have been given. Keep the coals of that fire within you glowing and stoke it every now and again with the obnoxious and insufferable actions of your brethren. Love is not going to save the rainforest, but anger just might!

Anger is an ace in my deck!

2 comments:

  1. And that, my friends, is how a million lazy people stopped tying their shoes and annoyed the hell out of us with that DAMN Velcro noise! That makes me angry; I mean, it really gets my goat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! (My unofficial review of your review.)

    ReplyDelete