Thursday, March 4, 2010

Scurvy


I’ve never had the disease and probably never will. To be honest, I don’t know much about it beyond the fact that it’s caused by a vitamin C deficiency. I also think that, because of it’s playful-sounding name, if it were to occur in me, I would eventually overcome it and the story of how I came to be afflicted by it would be a humorous one. The name also brings to mind surly and disgruntled pirates. Therefore, because I’m safe as long as I continue to regularly eat fruits and vegetables, and because the sound of the disease’s name and the image it conjures is enjoyable, I give Scurvy 4 out of 5 stars.

4 comments:

  1. Didn't Josh and Chris get scurvy one time?

    They are both surly and disgruntled! I don't think pirates, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe not at the time, but I'm pretty sure scurvy turns you in to a pirate. Keep an eye on your gold Krugerrands...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yarrr,

    Ye can trust me with your dabloons matey harr harr. I mean, I'm not a pirate. Why are you looking at me like that?

    P.S. Yarr harr shiver me timbers.

    ReplyDelete